Monday, November 2, 2009

Trunk or Treat: Day 2

On Halloween we went to Grandma and Grandpa P's trunk-or-treat. Our ward doesn't do trunk or treat because they think it's stupid and everyone trick or treats door to door. I like that the kids can get all their candy in about 10 minutes and I don't have to traipse all over the city.
Marshy filled his bucket quickly. The popular candy this year were suckers. Marshy had 5 suckers, and he wanted them all unwrapped and in his mouth at the same time. He was sad/mad because I wouldn't let him.

It got to the point where I had to hide his bucket of candy/suckers in the car until we were done. He was so mad! He cried and cried and cried because I wouldn't let him have 5 suckers all at once. I know, I'm such a mean parent.
After trunk or treat was over he went with Grandma and Grandpa to Aunt Angel's house for dinner. It was really yummy. Mike was sick, so we took him some food home. We also stuck a sign on our door that said "sleeping baby, do not disturb" so that noone would ring our doorbell. I didn't hear anyone outside (the windows were open) all night. So much for the neighborhood being big on trick or treating door to door, huh? haha! Glad we went to trunk or treat. It was so much easier! :)
Marshy still walks around the house with his bucket saying "Trunk or treat. Trunk or treat." It's quite funny.


1 comment:

Blakely said...

Looks like y'all had fun.