Saturday, August 22, 2009

How my mom spent her summer vacation

My mom teaches at a private school in Salt Lake/Sugarhouse area. She is very smart and very talented. She has been teaching at this school since 1995 (I was in 6th grade there when she started.) She has taught kindergarten, first grade, fourth grade, fifth grade, sixth grade, seventh grade, and eighth grade. They move her around each year. It's not unusual for her to have the same students several years in a row.

Anyway, this year she is teaching 5th and 6th grade history and geography, and then having study halls for the rest of her class periods. She has had timelines up on her walls in the past, but never like this one. This one is HUGE!

I tried to take the pictures in order....apparently that didn't happen, or Blogger screwed them up when I loaded them (which wouldn't be the first time). Anyway, She started at 3500 BC, but I don't know where in this set of pics it is. Anyway, isn't it awesome?! She has dates and events and pictures, and each color strip is a different continent.





















See? Like I said, so not in order! I don't know what happened. Anyway, you get the picture.



So far everyone who has seen it has LOVED it (All except for 1 teacher who gave a backhanded compliment, but only because she is jealous she isn't as talented. haha). I can't believe how much work she went to to do this. CRAZY lady! :)

1 comment:

Bonnie the Boss said...

That is quite the masterpiece! She obviously loves he work!