Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Court

She showed up. I couldn't believe it, but she showed!

There weren't any mediators today. Fortunately. The judge was just hearing cases. There were like 9 cases on the docket. We were number 7 or something. I had to sit there for forever.

Without boring you with all the details, here's what happened. We got up, I made my case. She made her case. She was obviously grasping at straws. It was awesome!!!


The judge thought that I made a good case and found in my favor. For all $1248 + court costs. WAHOO!!! Also, he asked us not to discuss the case in the hallway because he didn't want to have the bailiffs involved (she was PISSED).


So I went up to ask the clerk what to do now, and my landlady was freaking out because now she had a judgement against her. HAHAHAHA


She offered to write me a check then and there for the amount in full. WOO WOO!


I am CASHING the check first thing in the morning. We bank at the same bank (Different branches) so I'm going to go get cash IN HAND. I have to pay the process servers still. Not a big deal, though.

I WON! I WON! I WON I WON I WON!!!!!

4 comments:

Jillybean said...

Congratulations!

Gayle said...

Good for you !!! I only have one question .... How did you look in your new shoes and skirt ?

Anonymous said...

Justice is served. Glad to hear you had a fairy tale ending to this saga.

Kathi D said...

YAY!!