Thursday, May 7, 2009

untitled

This post is untitled because I couldn't think of a title, and because leaving it blank just seemed lazy. So while "untitled" is certainly unoriginal, at least it's a title, right?

That being said, I have a confession to make. I am finding it very difficult to get back into work mode after taking a week off. And also into blogging mode. Maybe it's just because I am in so much pain from physical therapy. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad I'm going. My shoulders don't hurt nearly as bad as they used to. But today my PT decided to work on my neck and when she said work on she really meant "murder." I was in so much pain, it was crazy. And I was tired. I took 4 ibuprofen way later than I should have, and they have helped a little but I am dreading falling asleep because I know I will wake up sore.

Good news has come from going to PT, besides the pain going away, and that is that I may (or may not, I won't count my chickens before they're hatched) get a new client out of the whole thing. My PT seemed very interested in what I do for a living, and I left her my info. We'll see if anything comes of it. *fingers crossed*

Also, now that I have a digital camera that is small, I find I don't have the camcorder with me when I need it. Marshy does some of the cutest things, and I always miss them! He sings songs from Kai-Lan, and it is so adorable. I'll have to video them this week and post them on here for you all to see. SUPER CUTE!

I have been getting some work done. I do want you to know that! I have finished 4 quilts since I have been home from vay-cay (yay for me!) and I started (finally) on one of the BOM's that I unofficially joined back in January. I am doing this one in the redwork. I've never done redwork before, and I think it will turn out so lovely. I have already done May's block, and am halfway done with April's. Yes, I am working backwards. I hope to have all 5 blocks done by the end of the month so I can start on June with everyone else. I will post pictures after they are pressed, because they are a little wrinkly right now.

Wrinkly.....that is a word you don't hear anymore. This is a random thought, but do you remember the book A Wrinkle in Time? One of my faves as a kid. Is it still in print? I would love to read it again .... "It was a dark and stormy night...." I always thought that was awesome.

Anyway, back to reality! Hopefully tomorrow I will get loads done at work, hopefully pain-free. I don't go back to PT until Tuesday. I do, on Monday, meet with an allergist though. I am getting tested for allergies to bees. Anyone done this before? Is it scary? Does it hurt? What do they do? I don't know anything about it really, just that I need it done. My birth-mother was apparently incredibly allergic, so much that she carried what I assume is an epi-pen with her at all times. Kinda makes you wonder if you're allergic...especially if you've never been stung. And especially since you live in a complex where there are more dandelions than grass. And especially since you have a toddler who may/may not be allergic, and you don't want to find out the hard way: a trip in an ambulance to the ER. Because, as we know, those are not fun trips.

No comments: