Friday, March 26, 2010

In need of a quilt pattern

I need help.


I have a wedding coming up this summer. Not mine, (I'm already married, remember?) but a friend's.

Anyway, I usually make a quilt for close friends and/or family who get married. This is the problem:

1) I can't tell what her colors are from her registry. The towels they registered for are stone colored, and the dishes are turquoise, red and gold. That's the only color in their whole registry.

2) I don't have a lot of time until the big day, so it can't be too complex.

3) I usually do a throw or wallhanging size quilt. Nothing too big.

SO! What do I do? I love color over neutrals, but are neutrals safer? And what's a fun, quick, and easy pattern that will look like it was hard but again, was really EASY?

Any help would be great :)

1 comment:

Mandy said...

How about a disappearing nine-patch? I just made one where the original squares where 9 inches wide, so it doesn't take nearly as many to make a nice-sized quilt.