Sunday, October 16, 2011

Sewing Summit, Part 4

Sunday morning after breakfast we had two more classes.  I took a class about photographing your creations, hoping it might help me take pictures of the quilts and quilting I do.  I'm still not sure how I'm going to photograph the quilts with all the detail showing up (we quilters have it HARD I tell ya!), but I did learn a lot of new tricks and tips to try out on my Nikon D60.

Then I had a class on blogging.  Oh my gosh it was so helpful!  I learned a lot about blogging, giveaways, and stuff I didn't know was even important or available for bloggers.  I'm still trying to figure out some of the things I want to add to my blog, like "share" buttons at the bottom of my posts, and "follow" buttons on my sidebar for twitter, facebook, RSS feeds, etc., but I'm getting there.  The class even motivated me to blog more (can you tell? hehe)

After my second class it was time to say goodbye to all of my fun new friends.  I was so sad that Sewing Summit was over!!  Mike and Marshall had already loaded the car up with all of our stuff, so we checked out and booked it home (where my boys promptly fell asleep for several hours).  I honestly had the best time ever, and I cannot wait for next year!  I've already started saving my dimes and nickels so I can be among the first to register to ensure I can attend!!

If you'd like to follow Sewing Summit, they have a Twitter (@SewingSummit), a Facebook page, and you can follow their blog to stay in the loop and in the know.  :)

Sorry this post lacks pictures.  I was too scattered the last day to take any!

To read Part 1 of my re-cap, go here.
To read Part 2 of my re-cap, go here.
To read Part 3 of my re-cap, go here.

No comments: