Monday, October 31, 2011

More Sewing, and a Reminder

tree pants
 I have been sewing up a storm lately!  I feel so great about getting so much accomplished.  Now if I can just get everything quilted and bound before the end of the year. haha :-)

We (Colton's Angels) are participating in Festival of Trees again.  This year our theme is "Lil' Boys Are Made Of".  I made the quilt for our display last week.  You can see it here.  This weekend (mostly Sunday) I made the tree pants, because not every tree wants to wear a skirt *snicker*.  If you'd like to see what we did in 2009 (don't ask me where the 2010 pictures went. I have no idea!!), then you can see our posts here and here.

I used Monica of Happy Zombie's pattern that she did for the Sew Mama Sew! holiday sew-along.  You can find the pattern and instructions here, here, and here.

donation quilt
You can see all of the darling tree pants that everyone has done on the flickr group.  Can I just tell you all how much I love flickr?  Yeah, it's pretty awesome.  Like, the bees knees awesome.

I also pieced this darling red, black and white quilt top.  We are doing a charity showing of Breaking Dawn this year (we did Eclipse and New Moon previous years).  We are selling tickets for $25 which includes your movie ticket, your donation, and an entry into our door prize drawing.  It is going to be a lot of fun.

This quilt, once finished, is going to be part of the door prizes!  I'm making another quilt for it, too, which should be done later this week.  Hopefully they'll be quilted by next week, maybe sooner. :)

I'm feeling pretty good about how much sewing I've done.  I have a few projects that need to be finished in time for the Sweetbriar Cove Open House on Thursday, but once they are done I will be able to start sewing on my own stuff for Christmas!!  I'm really excited about all the things I have planned for this year.  Now the trick is just finding the time to get it all done.  If you have any tips for getting everything done, I'd love to hear them in the comments! :)

Also, a quick reminder that TODAY is your last day to enter my giveaway.  The giveaway ends tonight at Midnight, mountain time, so make sure you enter! :)

No comments: