Saturday, October 22, 2011

Going Semi-Whole Foods

My gallbladder is having no more of this diet of fast food and butter-rich homemade tastiness.  I'm kind of bummed, but really my only choice is to go semi-whole foods.  I have a few gallstones, and my doctor won't do anything about it unless I'm experiencing symptoms (which I am, moderately).  And by "do anything" she really means put me on a diet and restrict my fat/grease/processed foods intake.  Yeah, might as well do that myself before she mandates it.  I figure if I do it myself, by the time I have my next appointment (in a few weeks), if I have made the change but still have symptoms, then maybe she'll try something else.

So, dear readers, I need your help!  I need ideas of things that I can make!!  I don't want to have to cook separate meals at dinnertime.  There are only 3 of us, so making 2 dinners seems kind of silly.  So, what are some things I can make that are semi-whole foods (I'm still going to eat meat: poultry, pork, etc, only in smaller portions) that my whole family will like too??

Is there a website I should be looking at?  A blog I should follow?  Recipe I should try?  Let me know in the comments section!  I'd really appreciate it! :)

Also, don't forget to leave your comments on my giveaway!  You have until the 31st to enter!

No comments: