Monday, May 3, 2010

The Shopping Fairy

Look what the awesome Shopping Fairy brought me!!
I got Giada's Kitchen for 1/2 off, and the other 4 books for $1 + shipping. What a steal, eh?
I can't wait to start the Farmer's Wife. It's going to be so much fun!

And the Shopping Fairy couldn't help but purchase these. Persuasion is the best! Rupert Penry-Jones is so swoon-worthy in this version. The collector's Set included Sense and Sensibility (which I haven't seen) and Miss Austen Regrets (which is quite good). I haven't seen Wuthering Heights yet, but based on my Bronte-along friends, it is the best version.

Then the Shopping Fairy stopped at Hollywood Video/Game Crazy, which is going out of business, and purchased these fun things for less than the price posted on the Chronicles of Riddick game. Rec is really good, and the Spanish/original version or Quarantine, the recent US remake.

And of course, why pass up perfectly good, brand new in plastic game guides for only $3 each? The game was the most expensive item, and the movie was only $2, so all in all, the Shopping Fairy did an awesome job.
I'm waiting for the Shopping Fairy to bring our new propane grill (pictures to come) - the Weber Q220. The Shopping Fairy used some Home Depot gift cards to buy some accessories for it already: a 3 piece stainless steel grill set, a grill cover, and a $3 grill pan (on clearance, marked down almost 80%....awesome find!)
The Shopping Fairy is on a roll! Also, I hear that the Shopping Fairy ordered 3 more quilting-related books, and the new Stephenie Meyer novella, so I will post pictures when those arrive as well.
(I secretly hope the Shopping Fairy decides to buy me a Kindle or Nook or something along those lines for Mother's Day, but I'm not going to hold my breath.)

1 comment:

Nanette Merrill said...

Good for you. I love getting new books. It is like a new world opening up to me.