Monday, June 7, 2010

Am I Dreaming?

Once upon a time I had a CD.  It was a really good CD.  Okay, so it was kind of really depressing, but I remember listening to it in the hallway outside of one of my friend's classes at the U while Iwaited to tell her about the break up I had just had.

This memory is quite vivid, probably because I got a song written about me out of it.  I still have the song.  No, I won't be posting it on here, or anywhere else. 

Anyway, so because this memory is so vivid, it has to be real, right?  I mean, I physically have the song on a CD, so it HAS to be real, right?!

So how come I can't for the life of me find the incredibly depressing CD that I was listening to?  I have been through all of my old mix CD's, and none of them is the one in question.

Why do I need this horribly depressing CD, you ask?  Well, because it is the perfect playlist to go along with what I'm working on right now.  Many of you know that I'm writing a book - well, several - and that CD is the perfect CD to get me in the depressing mood of this part of my book. 

So, you probably won't find it, but if you happen to come across an old mix CD that has both "Alive" by SR-71 and "I'm With You" by Avril Lavigne on it, please let me know.  It's probably mine.  And no, I didn't lose it on campus, or in my apartment...although it may have been in the CD player when my car got broken into several years ago.....

No comments: