Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Day 1 of the Vacation - WHAT A START!

When I woke up Tuesday morning I was so excited.  We were taking Marshy to my parents that night for the week while Mike and I go to Seattle.  Then it hit me.  I was in so much pain, all over, and my throat hurt, my head hurt, and I felt like crap.  I was freezing all day.  I went to bed at 8:30 PM, which, for those of you who know me, know that is very weird.

I woke up at midnight.  We were supposed to leave at 4 AM.  I was burining up.  I was dizzy.  I felt like crap.  I took my temperature, and it was 101.8 F.  After a quick freak out, I told Mike that I thought I was very sick and needed to see a doctor.  1 hr later when they took my temperature at the ER it was 103 F.  They tested me for several things and they all came back negative.  Turns out, according to the ER doctor, I just have some weird freaky viral/febrile thingy.

We went home at 2:30 AM, packed the car up and left for our trip.  Yes, I still went on vacation.  DANG IT! I never get to go on vay-cay without Marshy and I was not going to let a stupid fever keep me from having "fun"!!

I am so proud of myself!  I stayed awake until almost 4, when I dozed for a little while.  We stopped in Ogden, a couple places in Idaho, a few in Oregon, and Yakima.  And, I'm pleased to say, that I spent the majority of the trip awake (as opposed to the last time we made the trip, 6 years ago, and I slept the whole way up and back, except for a 30 min. window where I drove).  Mike was so proud of me!  haha  I was more proud of Mike, though, he drove for almost 12 hrs straight with only 30 mins of sleep!!  The man is freakin' Super-Hubs!

I even drove from just outside Baker all the way to Yakima - just over 111 miles.

We finally got to our hotel, checked in, and got our dinner.  We went to Terriyaki Plus.  Oh boy was it good.  Now we're chilling at the hotel, watching America's Got Talent.  And pretty soon I will be quite hopped up on NyQuil and Chloroseptic.  I'm feeling a ton better, except for my throat.  It hurts so bad that it's hard to believe that I don't have strep or anything else serious.  Here's to hoping tomorrow is a better day!

No comments: