Friday, January 1, 2010

LOVE

I rang in the new year by making this fabulous quilt! I used the Turning Twenty pattern by Tricia Cribbs and used Love by Amy Butler. I just love Love! It's so beautiful! I picked 6 of my favorite fabrics for the blocks and another fabric for the border.

Isn't it so beautiful?! I just love it!!

Here is the finished set: backing (blue), the quilt top, and the binding.
I'm going to quilt it tomorrow/today and hopefully have it bound by the end of the weekend. :) I bought Star Trek on blu-ray the other day, so I'll have 2 hours of fabulous movie to keep me from getting bored of binding! :)

P.S. - Mike came down as I was ironing the last piece of border and asked me how come I get a huge quilt (I think it's twin sized) and he only got a throw sized quilt for his birthday. I had to explain that you can only use so much of the denim from his holey jeans. Then I promised to make him a bigger quilt soon. Pattern ideas? I'm thinking maybe the Super Simple quilt or just squaring up some fat quarters and sewing them together. What do you think?

1 comment:

Kathi D said...

I have made that Turning Twenty quilt and it's amazing how great (and complicated) it looks with nice quilting!