Saturday, January 23, 2010

Dollhouse

Okay, so do you all remember the movie Babe? Yes, it's the one with the talking pig. It's really cute. Remember how Babe's owner makes dollhouses? You don't? Oh. well, I do.

I know it's a weird thing to remember, but I've kind of always wanted to make my own dollhouse. When I was little, and still played with Barbies, I figured out a way to make a paper house for the dolls. It wasn't spectacular, but it worked.

Well this is one dollhouse that I would LOVE to make....assumming I had that much cash just laying around waiting to be spent! I don't even have a little girl to play with it. I WOULD PLAY WITH IT! :) Seriousy. How fun would it be to make that beast of a dollhouse? SO COOL.

Alas, I can think of many more important things to spend $824 on.... like bills.... or saving up for a trip to Disneyland in three years.... or maybe even a piano that actually has all 88 keys! (That would just be awesome!) haha :)

4 comments:

Bonnie the Boss said...

a piano with all 88 keys? You are a dreamer! LOL I think it might be easier to just get someone o do it for you!

Lizard said...

I've always wanted a real Dollhouse too!! I used shoeboxes and made paperdolls. I remember rescuing soda bottle caps from the garbage to use as lampshades and footstools. I also used the little white plastic "tables" that came in pizza boxes! I know, I know, "What a geek!" :)

Joanna said...

LIZ! I used the plastic pizza table thingys as tables, too! :) My lil' brother and I would fight over it, because I wanted it for the dolls, and he wanted to use them as Y-wings from Star Wars!

Nanette Merrill said...

So you know I have 7 daughters. Well my younger girls were into sports and my older daughter didn't like Barbies. But my twins and my 2nd daughter loved them. So we found a guy that made barbie houses and I decorated it and gave it to them for Christmas one year. Of course the "wallpaper", carpet and furniture are trashed but I still had the doll house. Well it was a problem because 2 of them wanted it now that they are older and married. One doesn't live here so the other one took it. She's going to fix it up and she has my only granddaughter. So I think it worked out. Well until the other girls figure out she got it! It needs a lot of work but it was made really well. So it will be resurrected and I'm really happy about that.