Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Quilting Catch-up, Keeping Busy, & Monthly Challenge Progress.

I have been keeping busy lately. Besides quilting (I just updated my work blog. Please go check it out! There are some really cute quilts clients have made!), I have been sewing at home (FINALLY!) I'm working on making/designing wallhangings, 1 for each month of the year. They are really cute so far!! I can't wait to post pictures of what I have done so far.


I also bought this really cute new pair of shoes. Well, Mike's money bought them I guess, so I guess that means he bought them for me?


I also sewed the button on April's block for the Tisket a Tasket BOM.
.
Also finished January's block......

And February's block.
I feel like I got a head start on this month's challenge pieces. I usually put off working on my own projects until the month is over, and then I feel like I have nothing to show for it. This month I thought I'd get a jump on things and show some progress early on. Yay for me!

Also, last Thursday we had sewing night, and I accomplished quite a lot. Remember the Cars quilt I made forever ago for Marshy? Well I finally seamed the backing for it! YAY! Now I can quilt it!! I also quilted this Christmas wallhanging..... on my domestic machine.

Yes, that's right!

I, the longarm-er, can quilt on a domestic. Boy was it tough though! It is a totally different feeling. On the Gammill you move your arms and the machine. On the domestic (my lovely green Singer HD-110) it is totally different: You move the fabric. Doing a squiggle was the hardest part. On the longarm I would move front to back. On the domestic it is a side to side motion.

Also, I attached the binding to the Christmas wallhanging. And, remember this quilt from last summer?? Well I quilted it last year and it's been sitting around for a while waiting for binding. My cousin had a baby girl a week or so ago and it's been the perfect excuse I've needed for finishing this quilt. It is pink and purple, perfect for a little girl! I made and attached the binding to the quilt on Thursday, so now I'm hoping to be able to hurry and get it all the way bound so that I can get it up to my cousin and her precious new baby girl.

I'm hoping that we'll have another sewing night this week so I can get even more stuff done! I have a couple of bags I'd like to finish, and of course my wallhangings I've been designing.

No comments: