Monday, July 27, 2009

Bear Lake Day 2

Day 2 of our vacation we hiked up to Bloomington Lake, up Bloomington Canyon. I don't remember the hike being as hard as it was. Maybe that's because they changed the trail. The path used to go around the east (?) side of Mud Lake, but now it goes around the west (?) side of the lake. It's funny, because a lot of people walk up the hill and see Mud Lake, the first lake of the three on the trail, and turn around and go home because it's nothing special. Little do they know that if you keep hiking past Mud Lake and Beaver Lake that you find this:
Bloomington Lake. It is so beautiful up there!
This tree has a rope swing that hangs off of it, and people line up to take a turn flying into the lake.

Jon and my dad's head.

Marshy trying to get away from Grandma (Nana).



Showing Nana that he knows where the buckles are, and trying to get them off.

View of the far side of the lake.
I love this picture. He looks so sweet and innocent here. Little do we know he is plotting to go jump in the water!!!




FLOWERS!
Pretty Flowers!





A butterfly. We saw a really cool looking yellow and orange bird, but Mike couldn't get the long lens on the camera before it flew away.


I told you he was plotting to jump in the water! Nana had to hold on tight to keep him on the dry ground!

She contented him to throw pebbles into the lake instead of swim.
I think next time we might wear our swimmies up and go swimming in the lake. I might even try the rope swing. Who knows! But, we sure did have a lot of fun. I think my favorite part was when these 4 ditsy girls hiked in and said "I would've sworn we'd be the only ones up here!" I waited until they walked away a bit and said "What did you think the parking lot full of cars were doing up here? Hiking to Mud Lake?" hahaha She was dumb. It was funny.

Later Day 2 we went to the North beach of the Bear Lake, but we didn't take any pictures. Marshy had a lot of fun playing in the sand and the water, and Mike had a lot of fun dunking me under the water when I couldn't touch the bottom. Nice!

1 comment:

Bonnie the Boss said...

Wow it is beautiful there! It looks so cool and nice and you did a great job on the pics! Now I have 2 more places I want to visit!