Tuesday, February 28, 2012

"I Never Get New Stuff"

The other day I wasn't feeling up to cooking, so we opted to go to Taco Bell for dinner.  Mike and I each had a $5 box (which, strangely, actually costs $5.49. Explain that to me).  If you've seen the commercials or eaten at a Taco Bell recently, you'll recall that the new deal is that with every $5 box you get a code to submit to win a new PSP Vita.

Mike submitted his code and didn't win.  They claim there's a winner every 15 minutes, or something ridiculous like that, so we decided to save my code until a random, obscure time.  I submitted it last night at 3:05 AM. Yeah, didn't win.  I threw the box away and didn't think anything of it.

Mike got a new Nook Tablet yesterday. Tonight at dinner we were watching Phineas and Ferb on Netflix on the Nook Tablet.  When it was over, Marshall started asking questions about the tablet.

Marshall:  Do you have an iPad like Jana?
Mike: No, this is a Nook Tablet.  It's kind of like Jana's iPad, but different.
Marshall:  Oh.  So where's my new PSP?
Mike:  You mean your old PSP?  It's broken, remember?  I haven't had a chance to fix it yet.
Marshall: No, my new PSP.
Mike: What are you talking about?
Marshall:  I saw the box.  Where's my new PSP?


At this point in the conversation both Mike and I realize he is talking about the Taco Bell $5 box that had a picture of the new PSP Vita on the lid.  Naturally, we start laughing.

Mike: That wasn't a new PSP.  That was mom's dinner from the other day when we had Taco Bell.  She ate all the food out of it.
Marshall: But there was a PSP on it!
Mike: That was just a picture.
Marshall: So I don't get a new PSP?
Mike: No.


Marshall pauses for a moment and looks sad.

Marshall: I never get new stuff!


Mike and I couldn't help it. We lost it.  It was the funniest thing he'd said all day (and there had been some funny things, believe me! He's at that age where everything out of his mouth is slightly silly).

He's still pretty upset that we haven't gotten him a new PSP.  I'm pretty upset I haven't got an iPad, or a baby swing, but it's something I've learned to live with.  Guess he will too.  Poor kid, the lessons they have to learn at age 5.

:)

2 comments:

CLADING2222 said...

أهمية الاشراف على صيانة وتركيب الشدات المعدنية، فقد تشمل النقاط التالية:
زيادة العمر المفيد: الاشراف على صيانة الشدات المعدنية يساعد في الحفاظ على جودتها وزيادة عمرها المفيد. فإذا تم صيانة الشدات بشكل جيد وتم استخدامها وفقًا للتوجيهات المناسبة، فسوف تدوم لفترة أطول وتحافظ على كفاءتها.
الحد من التكاليف الإضافية: الاشراف على صيانة الشدات شركات الشدات المعدنية يمكن أن يقلل من حدوث تلف أو فقدان للشدات وبالتالي يحول دون الحاجة إلى استبدالها بشكل مكلف. كما يساعد على تقليل خطر التعرض للخسائر المالية الناجمة عن أي فقد أو تلف للمنتجات أو الأجزاء المثبتة

CLADING2222 said...

الدوالي هي توسع في الأوردة السطحية في الجسم، وتحدث عادة في الأوردة الموجودة في الساقين والفخذين. قد تكون الدوالي غير مؤذية وتظهر فقط كعروق زرقاء أو خضراء تحت سطح الجلد، ولكن في بعض علاج الدوالي بتقنية الكلاكس يمكن أن تسبب أعراض مثل آلام وانتفاخات وشعور بالثقل في الساقين.