Sunday, December 5, 2010

It's Sickmastime, not Christmastime

I am seriously feeling worse by the day.  We have been plagued by sickness after sickness at our house, and of course, I'm the one that has gotten EVERYTHING.

Marshy had pink eye the week before Thanksgiving. Luckily, it got better in time to go celebrate with everyone.
Mike got the flu the day after Thanksgiving.  Stupid man lucked out and it only lasted for a few hours. He was better by the end of the day.
I had had a cold for most of November. By the Monday before Thanksgiving, the cough I had was killing me, so I went to the doctor and got a prescription for a codeine cough syrup. It really helped after a few days, and I was feeling better by Thanksgiving.
The weekend after Thanksgiving I developed strep. Yeah. So not fun! Went to the ER late Saturday night, got a whole bunch of prescriptions, and went home to rest.  By the following Wednesday, I was starting to feel a little better.
Then, on Friday, I had some killer sinus pain that had moved down into my teeth and my jaw.  Back to the doctor I went, and this time I got a few new prescriptions.  I know, right?  
Again, I was starting to feel a little better.....until this morning when I woke up and couldn't open my left eye.  Yep! That's right!  A whole week later, I have now developed pink eye.

I swear, if I get one more thing this year, I am going to scream!  I am too busy to be home sick!! 

I'm really hoping that I get over this newest thing sooner rather than later. I'm already so behind at work, it isn't even funny.


No comments: